[LEDE-DEV] ramips-RT305x-Hauppauge Broadway

Erik Adler erikabg at gmx.de
Sun Jun 25 22:59:22 PDT 2017

Hai ;-),

I am not a developer.
The story is as follows:

In Germany DVB-T was converted. But Germany now has a special DVB-T2 (HEVC, H.265)! All old DVB-T devices have been useless since March 2017.
I own a DVB-S (satellite) box. I received from a friend the DVB-T Hauppauge (PCTV) Broadway.
I just wanted to swap the internal USB DVB-T stick against a DVB-S stick. That did not work.
I wrote Hauppauge / PCTV, but they did not want to help.
So I was looking for alternatives and found the LEDE Project.

I shared my knowledge:

https://www.digital-eliteboard.com/threads/pctv-broadway.202684/page-7#post-3231095

Since the individual programs work, something had to be with the driver.
I found the cause in the following kernel section "Media".
It is however sensible to take the media section completely, since it is not clear before which stick is used.
I have no idea how to program something ...

After DVB is working, a web interface is still to be created ...
And there is also the Xcode chip of Vixs ...

That's it

Greetings
Erik Adler