[LEDE-DEV] mikrotik sysupgrade support in 17.01.2

John Ricardo johnricardo03 at mail.com
Sun Jun 25 18:23:57 PDT 2017

> I see the nand-utils package was added to the initramfs.  Is it now possible
> to do a sysupgrade on the mikrotik routers?  Will I have to netboot from
> releases/17.01.2/targets/ar71xx/mikrotik/lede-17.01.2-ar71xx-mikrotik-vmlinux-initramfs.elf
> and then do the sysupgrade from there?

I was able to upgrade my router from 15.01 to 17.01.2.  I did the following:
1 booted my router using tftpboot like https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/mikrotik/rb493g
after that I did a wget to get lede-17.01.2-ar71xx-mikrotik-nand-large-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
from my other router.  Then I ran:
sysupgrade lede-17.01.2-ar71xx-mikrotik-nand-large-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
it rebooted to factory defaults.  A little reprogramming to get it back
to my normal and things are working pretty good.

I don't know if I needed to tftpboot from https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.2/targets/ar71xx/mikrotik/lede-17.01.2-ar71xx-mikrotik-vmlinux-initramfs.elf
but I figured better safe than sorry.  I hope the
next release I can just sysupgrade from luci.