[LEDE-DEV] tagged vlans on a TP-Link 841n v9

Tobias Klaus tk at meskal.net
Mon Jun 19 11:20:00 PDT 2017

Hey yanosz,

I never really investigated this issue but, all switches built into the WR841s
I used so far (I am pretty sure this includes v9) haven't been capable to mix
tagged and untagged vlans on the same port. Instead all vlans on the
particular port are silently "upgraded" to tagged vlans(this could be a way to
unbrick your device).

According to your screenshot and /etc/config/network you tried to do exactly
that. Depending on how many tagged/untagged ports you need one work-around for
me was to use the WAN-Port for this combination, which works quite good.
If you need more mixed ports you maybe better off with a 1043nd as already
suggested, since its switch is capable of mixing tagged and untagged traffic.

Cheers,
Tobias