[LEDE-DEV] github oauth for webpage editing requests too many permission

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Wed Jun 7 11:10:48 PDT 2017

On 06/07/2017 05:45 PM, Martin Tippmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Karl Palsson <karlp at tweak.net.au> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was trying to fix something on the documentation pages of
>> lede-project today, and tried to login with github.
>>
>> However, the docuwiki/oauth thing is demanding full read/write
>> access to my account, which seems.... excessive...
> Hi, we already noticed this:
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-October/003099.html
>
> https://github.com/cosmocode/dokuwiki-plugin-oauth/issues/41
>
> Looks like the original plugin is still not updated.

Seems like the fix is pretty trivial though (change a line in a php
file), see this commit from a fork:
https://github.com/micgro42/dokuwiki-plugin-oauth/commit/39b9184bb4c606c3d0fc43d8e565368bcaab2f92

Anyone with root access to the server can easily do that on our side.

I can do that if we agree it's OK to do so.

-Alberto