[LEDE-DEV] ddns problem

Arjen de Korte arjen+lede at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 6 12:27:32 PDT 2017

Citeren Giuseppe Lippolis <giu.lippolis at gmail.com>:

>> 100.64.0.0/10 is shared address space under RFC6598. IETF seems to point
>> to significant restrictions on its use. Customer connectivity issues are
>> clear in the RFC. Chasing mobile load and avoiding rerouting global IP
>> space is likely fair. Enumerating users fixed wire line end points is
>> likely not fair. CGN should free IP from internal routing equipment for
>> customer assignment. Depending on the consumer protections in your
>> jurisdiction, you may wish to give your ISP a call.
>

> Thanks for the clarification.
> Currently I'm connecting through a 3G connection.
> It seems that I do not have a valid ipv6 as well (Is it correct?).
>
> usb0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 02:00:FF:AA:AA:AA
>           inet addr:100.70.226.65  Bcast:100.70.226.67  Mask:255.255.255.252
>           inet6 addr: fe80::ffff:feaa:aaaa/64 Scope:Link
>           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:764 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:677 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
>           RX bytes:522905 (510.6 KiB)  TX bytes:80102 (78.2 KiB)

Assuming you anonimized your MAC address before posting, this looks
like what one would expect for a mobile connection. Usually these
don't allow inbound connections unless you have specifically requested
this service, so it is unlikely you'd get globally accessible IPv4
and/of IPv6 addresses. The addresses will be fine for outbound
connections over IPv4 (CGNAT) and IPv6 (link-local).