[LEDE-DEV] ddns problem

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 5 20:12:00 PDT 2017

On 06/05/2017 11:39 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
 > "Giuseppe Lippolis" <giu.lippolis at gmail.com> writes:
>> Dear All,
>> I have a problem with the pkg ddns-scripts_2.7.6-14_all.
>> I'm using the option service_name 'dyndns.org'.
>>
>> After running the script I get in logread:
>>
>> Mon Jun  5 15:27:27 2017 user.err ddns-scripts[2591]: myddns_ipv4: No or
>> private or invalid IP '100.67.31.70' given! Please check your
>> configuration
> It means what it says: that IP is in a private address space (allocated
> for carrier grade NAT; see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network#Dedicated_space_for_carrier_grade_NAT_deployments).
> So you can't get your real public IP off the router; and probably, you
> won't be able to access the router from the outside regardless of
> whether your dyndns setup works, sadly... :/
100.64.0.0/10 is shared address space under RFC6598. IETF seems to point
to significant restrictions on its use. Customer connectivity issues are
clear in the RFC. Chasing mobile load and avoiding rerouting global IP
space is likely fair. Enumerating users fixed wire line end points is
likely not fair. CGN should free IP from internal routing equipment for
customer assignment. Depending on the consumer protections in your
jurisdiction, you may wish to give your ISP a call.