[LEDE-DEV] Archer c7 corrupted firmware bootloop - tftp aborting - serial not working

QWeRKUS qwErkus qwerkus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 05:54:34 PDT 2017

Thank you for your reply. JTAG seems even trickier than serial. So far
all my attempts to scan for a valid JTAG chain end up with:

Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all zeroes

There a just too many variables to check for a newbie like myself, so
I guess I'll go with the spi programmer. Turns out this is another
thing the pi can do (via flashrom) so no need for new hardware. Are
you sure you need to desolder the chip though ? Shouldn't this be
working with a 8 pin SOIC clamp and and external 3.3V power source (I
have an old ATX PSU doing the job) ?

many thanks for your help,

qwerkus