[LEDE-DEV] Stock config files as templates

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Jul 25 09:29:06 PDT 2017

I’m working on Issue #4588 (ntpd needs UCI parsing comparable to sysntpd) and I had a question…

ntpd ships with the canned /etc/ntp.conf from the distro, but if we specify:

config timeserver ntp
	list server ‘ntp.redfish-solutions.com’

then the /etc/ntp.conf file needs to be rewritten as:

driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift

server 0.openwrt.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.openwrt.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.openwrt.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 3.openwrt.pool.ntp.org iburst

to:

drift file /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift

server ntp.redfish-solutions.com iburst

instead.  Are there any good guidelines (or examples) on how to mangle config files in-place?

I’m guessing I’d need a sed script with a loop to gather all of the ‘server’ lines and replace them with one.

Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

-Philip