[LEDE-DEV] Transmit timeouts with mtk_eth_soc and MT7621

Kristian Evensen kristian.evensen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 02:19:59 PDT 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Mingyu Li <igvtee at gmail.com> wrote:
> i guest the problem is there are some tx data not free. but tx
> interrupt is clean. cause tx timeout. the old code will free data
> first then clean interrupt. but there maybe new data arrive after free
> data before clean interrupt.
> so change it to clean interrupt first then clean all tx data( also
> remove the budget limit). if new tx data arrive. hardware will set tx
> interrupt flag. then we will free it next time.
> i also apply this to rx flow.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have deployed an image with the
patch to some of the routers showing this issue, so lets wait and see.
Of course, all routers have been stable for the last couple of days
(including before the weekend) now, so I will let them run for a week
or so and then report back.

In order to ease testing and make it more controlled, do you have any
suggestions for how to trigger the error? Is it "just" a timing issue
or should I be able to trigger it with for example a specific traffic
pattern?

-Kristian