[LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt-Devel] MV88E6060 switch

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 15:41:38 PDT 2017

Hello Nerijus,

Friday, July 21, 2017, 12:49:29 AM, you wrote:
> 2017-07-21 00:36, Sergey Ryazanov rašė:
>>> No received/sent packets on br-lan and eth0 before and after modprobe
>>> mv88e6060.ko.
>>
>> Did  you  saw  the  "Marvel 88E6060 PHY driver attached" string in the
>> kernel messages? If so then at least the driver detects switch chip.
>
> No. BTW, do I understand correctly - I have to use mv88e6060.ko which
> should use CONFIG_MVSWITCH_PHY or is CONFIG_MVSWITCH_PHY alone enough?

You   should   disable   CONFIG_NET_DSA_MV88E6060   and   select  only
CONFIG_MVSWITCH_PHY=y  option.  This  two different drivers, the first
one is mainstream Linux driver, and the second one is OpenWRT specific
driver, which is mach more simple and small.

>> This driver uses VLAN tags to determine which port the frame should be
>> sent from. Try to create couple of VLAN sub-interfaces on eth0 with ID
>> 1 and 2 and work with them.
>
> I'll try.
>
>> And BTW do you use OpenWRT or LEDE and which version?
>
> Actually I use barrier breaker, as the device has only 16 MB RAM so
> I thought an earlier version will use less resources. But I can try
> later versions.

Yes,  use  the  latest version of LEDE, please, to avoid facing with
long-forgotten bugs.

--
Sergey