[LEDE-DEV] [RFC] creating LEDE GPT image using raw GPT partition dump

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sat Jul 15 12:28:34 PDT 2017

On 2017-07-15 16:50, Alberto Bursi wrote:

> Since I don't know enough C to add GPT to the current binary tool used
> to make the mbr for the images, I am experimenting with dumping the main
> GPT partition table (first 2-ish MB) from a drive formatted like the
> target image, then assemble the image with dd like is done for sdcard or
> x86 images.

I'm no expert on GPT but doesn't GPT also store some things at the end
of the disk too?

The reason i ask is because I'm sure i once ran into problems with that
when changing from GPT to MBR using tools that wasn't fully GPT aware
and knew how to clear GPT.
i think i ended up with an MBR partition layout but with GPT leftovers
and some tools complained.