[LEDE-DEV] Help me understand ubus extensions via C api

Carlito Nueno carlitonueno at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 18:31:46 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I want to customize a small feature in how hostapd responds to probe
request and I was looking at
https://github.com/lede-project/source/blob/master/package/network/services/hostapd/src/src/ap/ubus.c

Please help me understand how it works? for example when I call `ubus
call hostapd.wlan0-1 del_client "{....}" what happens?

I know that ubus_cli
(http://git.openwrt.org/?p=project/ubus.git;a=blob;f=cli.c;h=19ccbb5093ce4c326010a9b2f504d7cd50798275;hb=HEAD)
parses the input but how does ubus call the functions inside the above
file (the ubus.c, ubus hostapd extension)?

I see that there is this function, but how is that called

static int hostapd_bss_del_client(struct ubus_context *ctx, struct
ubus_object *obj, struct ubus_request_data *req, const char *method,
struct blob_attr *msg);

Thank you!