[LEDE-DEV] sysupgrade broken on brcm47xx

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Jul 2 07:54:14 PDT 2017

On 07/02/2017 04:27 PM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think you're supposed to use "lede-brcm47xx-legacy-standard-squashfs.trx".
>
> ~ Jo

Thanks it works with that image, it was some time ago I flashed an image
to my brcm47xx devices.

But there is some code in the platform sysupgrade code which looks like
it should be possible to use other images as well.
https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/brcm47xx/base-files/lib/upgrade/platform.sh;h=cf05a847ee3feea4dea2a994a52b71d1c1d5e872;hb=HEAD#l138

With the other images the get_image() in common.sh wants to execute
something like this:

dd bs=32 skip=1 "/tmp/lede-brcm47xx-legacy-linksys-wrt54gs-squashfs.bin"

cat is set to "dd bs=32 skip=1"

Hauke