[LEDE-DEV] replacing mountd with blockd - looking for testers

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Mon Feb 27 02:36:58 PST 2017

Hi John,

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:20:40AM +0100, John Crispin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have created a branch in my staging tree [1] that removes mountd in
> favour of blockd. blockd is part of the fstools package and uses the
> block tool and /etc/config/fstab as a backend.
>
> blockd is an optional daemon and when installed will provide these
> features in addition to what block-mount already does :
>
> * autofs4 support
> * ubus call block info - for status info on attached block devices
> * reload_config support - mount move or change from named to autofs to
> anon mounts

Great news!

> What else should we add :
>
> * support for eject buttons and LEDs
> * ubus notifications upon state changes
> * ubus interface for mount/unmount
> * anything else that folks might like to see being added ?

I haven't had a look at your work yet, so something might already
be supported implicitely. However, I imagine it'd be useful to have
 * waiting with service bring-up until specific device got mounted
   (eg. for transmission or postgresql)
 * support for attaching and activating LVM2 volumes
 * support for using cryptsetup to open LUKS and TrueCrypt volumes
   see https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/3259

> Please help test the new daemon.

I'll be testing this later today.

Daniel