[LEDE-DEV] automated signed firmware upgrades / hide a secret in image

Eric Schultz eschultz at prplfoundation.org
Wed Feb 22 10:45:44 PST 2017

Bastian,

prpl member IntrinsicID has physically unclonable function technology
which allows a key to be generated at bootup based upon the physical
characteristics of the device. It's the same key generated everytime but
it isn't actually stored in flash. Their technology requires a paid
license but we might be able to convince them to release an open-source
version with more limited capabilities. I can put you in touch with
folks both at IntrinsicID and prpl to discuss this further if you'd like.

Eric