[LEDE-DEV] Mikrotik RB411AH sysupgrade issues

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Wed Feb 22 02:30:07 PST 2017

On 2017-02-22 11:21, Sergey Ryazanov wrote:
> Ok. Could we discuss your NACK? Don't you like YAFFS just because it
> is a non-upstream code or you do not like YAFFS as a file system?
Because it's a very large chunk of non-upstream code.

> In first case I would like to note that this code is perfectly
> isolated and it requires minimal maintaining. It is only require few
> patches in order to integrate it to the kernel build process while the
> main filesystem code remain as a set of files. I dig through yaffs
> commit history and found that this code was changed only few times per
> year in the past.
At least the patches we had in the past were rather messy.

> On the other hand since the device in subject is still on market we
> could start yaffs upstreaming process and switch to upstream version
> in the future.
If you want to do that, that's fine by me. My guess is that getting the
code in shape for that will take quite a few man-months of work. The
code is not exactly pretty...

I'd like to defer any attempt at bringing it back into LEDE until it is
reasonably close to being accepted upstream.

- Felix