[LEDE-DEV] Identifying kernel version (major) during build (.mk file)

Phyu The pt_myat at compex.com.sg
Tue Feb 21 01:55:31 PST 2017

Dear All,

My apologies, press wrongly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phyu The
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:50 PM
To: Jonas Gorski ; Mauro Mozzarelli
Cc: LEDE Development List ; Magnus Kroken
Subject: Re: [LEDE-DEV] Identifying kernel version (major) during build (.mk
file)

Dear Jonas,

If the granularity requires to specify the patchlevel, and if LEDE had more
than one Kernel 3 patchlevel instead of just 3-18, then I would have to
specify all of them in my makefile. Not only that, but also I would have to
modify my maskefile to include new Kernel 3 versions should they be added in
future to the LEDE build. There is in some cases where kernel drivers have
changed. As you might see in the ip-vs patch I posted, kernel drivers in
Kernel 3 and 4 and thus it is necessary to know which kernel I am building
for to select the appropriate kernel configuration.

There is in some cases where kernel drivers have changed. As you might
see in the ip_vs patch I posted, kernel drivers differ in Kernel 3 and 4
and thus it is necessary to know which kernel I am building for to
select the appropriate kernel configuration.

If the granularity requires to specify the patchlevel, and if LEDE had
more than one Kernel 3 patchlevel instead of just 3_18, then I would
have to specify all of them in my makefile. Not only that, but also I
would have to modify my makefile to include new Kernel 3 versions should
they be added in future to the LEDE build.

Mauro