[LEDE-DEV] Is there a Image for TP-Link TL-WA854RE (WiFi Range Extender) ?

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Sun Feb 19 02:12:04 PST 2017

On 02/19/2017 09:49 AM, Daniel Golle wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
> Hi Alberto,
>
> This still leaves us without failsafe mode and hard-to-access UART, so
> it'd make more sense to revive
> https://github.com/openwrt/packages-abandoned/tree/master/utils/restorefactory
> for those devices (or is there an easy way to have wifi enabled in
> failsafe mode?)

There are some dedicated scripts that get triggered to bring the device
in failsafe mode (just search with "failsafe" in LEDE's github), but I
don't know how exactly the startup scripts work so I can't really do it
myself.
For example this is a script that should allow failsafe by disabling
vlans in the onboard switch for a list of boards/targets that have this
issue
https://github.com/lede-project/source/blob/master/target/linux/ramips/base-files/lib/preinit/07_set_preinit_iface_ramips

Maybe a similar one that does what the "force enable wifi" script did
would do the trick?

-Alberto