[LEDE-DEV] Identifying kernel version (major) during build (.mk file)

Alexandru Ardelean ardeleanalex at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 04:57:52 PST 2017

Hey Mauro,

Your case seems a bit specific.
But I guess you can try a few things and inspire yourself from
include/kernel-version.mk

https://github.com/lede-project/source/blob/master/include/kernel-version.mk

Not sure if the KERNEL_BASE variable is what you need.
i.e. I can't tell what the output will be in that case.

But from the looks of it, you can also probably use the split_version
[ + maybe also the firstword ] function[s] to extract the major
version.