[LEDE-DEV] imx6: fail to start IBSS link

Koen Vandeputte koen.vandeputte at ncentric.com
Thu Feb 16 06:22:26 PST 2017

Hi Felix,
Hi Tim,

commit "imx6: move to Linux 4.9 kernel" introduces some regression on
wlan level.

When starting wpa_supplicant to initiate an IBSS link, the handshake fails.
Inspecting it reveals that no data packets are transceived (both TX & RX).

Beacon frames seem to come in, as scanning for networks using wavemon works.

I've tested using a plain native LEDE:    (version tested:
53f5d59fa17049d94a3992d1067ded1fa90f61f8)
- Building it for imx6 triggers the regression.
- Only reverting the commit above fixes it.

I'll try to dig a bit deeper what is causing this, but please don't
remove support for kernel 4.4 yet for this target.

I'll submit a ticket in FS later on if required.

Kind Regards,

Koen