[LEDE-DEV] ath9k stability in LEDE master branch - kernel panic every ~5 minutes

Dave Täht dave at taht.net
Sat Feb 11 20:45:26 PST 2017

On 2/11/17 2:00 PM, Nick Lowe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is triggered by the airtime fairness patches for ath9k being present.
>
> When this is disabled via:
>
> echo 0 > /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/airtime_flags
> echo 0 > /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy1/ath9k/airtime_flags
>
> ... these kernel panics do not occur.
>
> I perhaps erroneously requested that #473 be closed as I, personally,
> have an easy workaround.

What was your hardware platform then?

> https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=473
>
> Could this be reopened if there is interest in finding the root cause
> with a view to finding a code change to stop this from occurring?

I have not been tracking lede head on my apu2 version of this. As of
last week ATF was stable across all the single core platforms I have at
my command (mips mostly). And the code was originally developed in part,
on the apu2... but that doesn't mean a new bug hasn't cropped up.

Could you try booting into a single core mode and see if the ath9k holds
up?

The ath9k card I have in my apu2 (25 days uptime, but running kernel
4.9.x) is an AR9580.