[LEDE-DEV] massive speed-loss using 'make defconfig'

Jo-Philipp Wich ledeprojectorg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 05:59:33 PST 2017

Hi,

> I'am not sure, what is internally done and how,
> can somebody point me to the program.c so maybe i
> get an idea whats "wrong".

Check "git log scripts/config/" and compare the complexity & size of
"./scripts/metadata.pl config tmp/.packageinfo" in OpenWrt with
"./scripts/package-metadata.pl config tmp/.packageinfo" on LEDE.

Also compare the runtimes of "make prepare-tmpinfo" as well as
"scripts/config/conf --defconfig=.config Config.in".

~ Jo