[LEDE-DEV] LEDE-17.01 Final Release Notes available

Dave Täht dave at taht.net
Sat Feb 4 08:08:57 PST 2017

On 2/3/17 3:42 AM, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:14:04AM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
>> On Tue, 2017-01-31 at 10:54 +0100, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
>>>
>>> - IPv6 support: since that was the focus of CC, at least mention that
>>>   nothing was intentionally broken (and maybe there were some
>>>   improvement?)]
>>
>> What was the IPv6 problem?
>
> Nothing, hopefully :) What I meant is that LEDE should work as well as
> OpenWRT CC with respect to IPv6 support.  This is currently implicit,
> because the release notes do not mention IPv6 at all.  I was wondering if
> it would make sense to mention that IPv6 support remains very good.

If it were only true. Earlier this month I experienced a raft of ipv6
inter-related bugs in an odhcp6c+dhcpv6-pd or 6rd environment, mostly
around timers - both in expiry of and refresh of routes of addresses.

Various bits of improved code has been landing since, and I have not got
back on it (busy on wifi and atf). I think much of the evidence points
at a bug in netifd in pushing out or refeshing routes that expire,
compounded by noprefixroute being added to the kernel in the last 2
years, compounded by a bit of bit-rot on some of the scripting interfaces...

It would be good to have more people get on this, but I would, given the
release schedule, deprioritize mention of ipv6 support, and try to
aggressively attack all the issues in a subsequent round.