[LEDE-DEV] initialisation/startup of dnsmasq for multiple instances is broken

e9hack e9hack at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:21:16 PST 2017

Am 03.02.2017 um 04:45 schrieb Eric Luehrsen:
> Precisely,
> what are you expecting and what isnt happening? Could you cut n paste
> snippets from uci and conf as examples?

my dhcp config file looks like this:

config dnsmasq 'main'
	option nonwildcard '1'
	option ...

config dnsmasq 'guest'
	option nonwildcard '1'
	option ...

config dhcp
	option interface 'wan'
	option ignore '1'

config dhcp
	option instance 'main'
	option interface 'lan'
	option ...

config dhcp
	option instance 'guest'
	option interface 'guest'
	option ...

config host
	option instance 'main'
	option name 'darkstar'
	option ...

I have configured two dnsmasq sections for two instances, which provide DHCP and DNS for two different interfaces. Dhcp
and host sections are containing the option instance. dhcp-host=... entries are generated in the configuration files
depend on the instance option. Both dhcp-range=... entries for my different networks are generated in both configuration
files. The option instance is completely ignored for dhcp sections since the last commit related to dhcp6. It does work
with the previous revisions. The dnsmasq.conf.main file contains only dhcp-range=lan,... and dnsmasq.conf.guest only
dhcp-range=guest,...

Regards,
Hartmut