[LEDE-DEV] failed to find a module named netdev-*

e9hack e9hack at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 07:23:52 PST 2017

Hi,

since some days, the syslog of my router is floated by this lines:

Wed Feb  1 19:10:24 2017 daemon.err modprobe: failed to find a module named netdev-*

If it occurs, between 500 and 1500 lines will be stored. The name is ether continuously netdev-* or it cycles through
netdev-ath0, netdev-*, netdev-wl0, netdev-*, netdev-ath1, netdev-*, netdev-wl1, netdev-*, netdev-wlan2, netdev-*,
netdev-ath2, netdev-*, netdev-wl2... The number goes till 4. Since my router has interface wlan0 and wlan1, netdev-wlan0
and netdev-wlan1 are not included.

Regards,
Hartmut