[LEDE-DEV] x86 comfortable ram for docker image w/ webui

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 12:19:33 PST 2017

I'm looking into  using LEDE for providing virtual routers to my
customers (small wISP).  I've used a mikrotik solution in the past,
but that isn't super friendly and hardware support in their more
powerful offerings is missing.

So, I'm looking at using LEDE+LuCI in a virtual configuration.

What is the minimum *comfortable* ram for a home router with
LEDE+LuCI?  This would be on x86, virtualized most likely in docker or
LXC.  The virtualized router would have 1 interface to a bridge on the
host, and one interface to a VLAN on another ethernet port.