[LEDE-DEV] fixing of image file names

Jonas Gorski jonas.gorski at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:01:14 PST 2017

On 12 December 2017 at 21:03, Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io> wrote:
> Hi Piotr,
>
> my rough idea was to somehow tie the manifest generation to the "define
> Device/*" macros present in the image building code because there you
> have all required information in a central place:
>
>  - unique board identifier
>  - image name / build steps
>  - default package selection

I also think this is the easiest to achieve way for creating a way to
lookup board_name => image_name.

We already define BOARD_NAME or SUPPORTED_DEVICES for many devices, we
just need to set these consistently for all targets. Then we can
easily create a manifest based on that.

That way we also have no restrictions on how we name the images; what
is part of the images etc.

Regards
Jonas

P.S: We should also deprecate one of these for the other, we don't
need two different variables for the same purpose.