[LEDE-DEV] Conditional dependencies in Makefiles

Ted Hess thess at kitschensync.net
Tue Aug 29 10:08:11 PDT 2017

Hi all -

I have a package (ffmpeg) build problem which is trying to specify a different
DEPENDS for soft-float systems and one for hard-float. The package definition is
as follows:

> define Package/libffmpeg-full
> $(call Package/libffmpeg/Default)
>  TITLE+= (full)
>  DEPENDS+= @BUILD_PATENTED +alsa-lib +PACKAGE_libopus:libopus
>  ifeq ($(CONFIG_SOFT_FLOAT),y)
>         DEPENDS+= +PACKAGE_shine:shine
>  else
>         DEPENDS+= +PACKAGE_lame-lib:lame-lib +PACKAGE_libx264:libx264
>  endif
>  VARIANT:=full
> endef

Thinking the 'ifeq', etc is not proper within a function definition, I have also
tried:

  DEPENDS+=$(if $(CONFIG_SOFT_FLOAT),+PACKAGE_shine:shine,+PACKAGE_lame-
lib:lame-lib +PACKAGE_libx264:libx264)

In both cases, the behavior is as if CONFIG_SOFT_FLOAT is not defined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ted