[LEDE-DEV] Travis broken?

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Sat Aug 19 14:39:42 PDT 2017

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 13:29:54 -0600
Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:

> Github is trying to CI test a change to PHP7 and it’s never
> completing, even after 50 minutes of build time:
>
> https://travis-ci.org/openwrt/packages/builds/266325516?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification
>
> Is this a known issue from the recent round of changes?
If you package has a huge dependency tree, there isn't a fix, except
move from travis away to a private instance or jenkins.

> It seems that a LOT of packages are being rebuilt, and I don’t
> understand why.  Isn’t the point of the latest reworking of Travis to
> build against the pre-builds of the other packages, rather than do a
> “big bang” rebuild of ALL dependencies?
I don't think this is possible. The problem lies in the
packaging of LEDE. As long LEDE doesn't package the development files
into packages, the build of e.g. php-mysql would require to build mysql,
because header files are not included in the mysql package.

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604