[LEDE-DEV] Running init in a chroot LEDE Image

Nicolas Pace nico at libre.ws
Tue Aug 8 13:32:23 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for an amazing project!
I'm trying to run a rootfs chroot on my desktop computer to easen the
development of userspace applications, but as I'm using ubus I need a
complete LEDE environment.
Using chroot also reduces the turnaround time for code/test cause I can
just write code and it instantly is loaded on the image.

I donwloaded the image from here:
http://ci.libremesh.org/196/x86/generic/Generic/lime_default/lede-17.01
.2-lime-default-x86-generic-generic-rootfs.tar.gz

Mounted all devices, did chroot... but I somehow need to call init to
get ubus running (and all of the other supporting systems).

Any suggestion on how to manually call init?

just calling /sbin/init says the following:

tmp# chroot lime /sbin/init
WARNING: Variable 'led' does not exist or is not an array/object
Press the [f] key and hit [enter] to enter failsafe mode
Press the [1], [2], [3] or [4] key and hit [enter] to select the debug
level
WARNING: Variable 'led' does not exist or is not an array/object

But nothing else.

Thanks!