[LEDE-DEV] Incorrect (undesired) switch setup during preinit

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:03:45 PDT 2017

I have router with internal switch with 6 ports. The default config is:
0: LAN1
1: LAN2
2: LAN3
3: LAN4
4: WAN
5: CPU

I want to use port 3 (LAN4) for something different. Another network,
mwan, whatever. For that purpose I edited /etc/config/network and
replaced
option ports '0 1 2 3 5t'
with
option ports '0 1 2 5t'
for my VLAN 1 (lan interface).

The problem is during preinit my /etc/config/network gets obviously
ignored and 10_indicate_preinit does something like this:
swconfig dev switch0 set reset 1
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 set ports 0 1 2 3 5t
swconfig dev switch0 set apply

It means all machines connected to ports 0 1 and 2 gain access to the
network connected to the switch port 3. This happens for the whole
preinit phase. This is undesired situation of course.

Can you see any way of solving this?

--
Rafał