[LEDE-DEV] Problem with PKG_CONFIG_DEPENDS and string configs

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 14:00:02 PDT 2017

Packages are allowed to specify dependency configs in their
PKG_CONFIG_DEPENDS. Any value change for any dependency should result
in rebuilding the package.

This feature is handled with STAMP_CONFIGURED in package.mk. For every
package we have something like:
build_dir/target-*/fstools-*/.configured_yyyyyyyyyy
build_dir/target-*/ubox-*/.configured_yyyyyyyy
build_dir/target-*/procd-*/.configured_ynynnnnnyyyyyyyy_8e081b74cf069e1e6800a5bbcbb282f0

The problem I see is this can't work reliably with configs that use
"string" instead of "bool". In such case package won't be refreshed
when expected.

Is there any chance someone could look at this and hopefully fix this?
This Makefile thing is big magic as for me :(

--
Rafał