[LEDE-DEV] FW: UDP throughput caused kernel panic if configured bridge mode in /etc/config/network

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 02:15:13 PDT 2017

On 24 April 2017 at 15:39, Y.B. Lu <yangbo.lu at nxp.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> But I still feel it's strange the crash didn't happen if used brctl to configure instead of /etc/config/network.
> Much memory(about 700MB) was consumed in UDP throughput test only when used /etc/config/network.
>
> As I know, both ls1043a with DPAA ethernet driver and ls1012a with ppfe ethernet driver had this issue.
> I think maybe I should focus on deep studying in /etc/config/network. But we had a deadline by this month to resolve it.
>
> Is there any possibility the issue was caused by OpenWrt?
> Thanks again.

Most parts of /etc/config/network will be parsed and executed by
netifd.  Comparing strace output of both brctl and netifd may reveal
something useful.

The kernel is supposed to be resilient against whatever ways
applications may use its exposed userspace interface which is driver
and device-agnostic.  If the driver fails, there is very likely an
issue within the driver itself.

                yousong