[LEDE-DEV] Sysupgrade on Mikrotik RB912

Edwin van Drunen edwin at vandrunen.net
Sun Apr 9 12:11:03 PDT 2017

Hello Sergey,

My RB912 boards came with 2048-byte pages and I installed the nand-large image, specifically:
https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.0/targets/ar71xx/mikrotik/lede-17.01.0-r3205-59508e3-ar71xx-mikrotik-nand-large-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

I have installed it on 23 boards so far and none would boot after a regular sysupgrade.
They all needed the kernel partition (MTD5) to be formatted to YAFFS and the kernel manually copied.
I used this initramsfs image:
https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.0/targets/ar71xx/mikrotik/lede-17.01.0-r3205-59508e3-ar71xx-mikrotik-vmlinux-initramfs.elf

This problem and the solution were mentioned before on this mailing list, but I never got a definite answer on if this is normal behaviour.
Now I am curious to know if your boards are maybe different or there is some other small detail I am not getting right.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Edwin van Drunen