[LEDE-DEV] Automated shell code debugging

Jan-Tarek Butt tarek at ring0.de
Fri Sep 30 14:36:25 PDT 2016

Hi thogeter,

I have a realy nice idea :)

As a part of code quallity enhancemend and prevenition. We can do an ondemand daemon as engine to
check all shell scrips. We can use the opensource Project shellcheck [0].

My idea is to do an insatnce on a server:
This insatnce can pull the lede repo daily and run some thing like:

find . -type f -name "*.sh" | xargs shellcheck

if something news pulled and shellcheck detecs some misstating we can send via bsd-mailx
on our ML the shellceck output.

Sould I build something for that?

cheers
Tarek