[LEDE-DEV] Build ar71xx / 4MB with IPv6, Luci, OpenVPN (PolarSSL), Command, Watchcat, relay and printk without debug ?

Břetislav Kubesa bretislav.kubesa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 11:22:07 PDT 2016

Hi,

sorry if this is not the right place to ask but there is currently no
other as for LEDE and do not want to hijack other forum (of Openwrt).
I'm trying already longer time to build myself a ar71xx variant (MR3020,
WA850RE etc.) with combination of : IPv6, Luci, OpenVPN (PolarSSL),
Command, Watchcat, relay and printk without debug,ppp,usb but I'm still
little over sized by 8000-6000 bytes ;-) Is there some way, can you give
me please some recommendation ? I don't want to get rid of some key
components like mtd, uci, do not want really to touch busybox etc. and I
have the good reasons why to keep the rest eventually.

[mktplinkfw] *** error: images are too big by 6178 bytes

Link to my config : http://pastebin.com/43xKZpif

Thank you, any help / trick appreciated.

Btw, is there a way how to get rid of warning "satisfy_dependencies_for:
Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-usb-core: * kernel (=
4.4.21-1-f75c898f891e9be2372547ca0a1b5c73) *" without option
force_depends 1 ? I don't see the logic if it's build with kernel 4.4.21...

Bretislav

PS : I know I'm reaching limit of 4MB partitions, it's really magic
still what all can be included there...