[LEDE-DEV] A Wiki for LEDE Documentation

Thomas Endt tmo26 at gmx.de
Thu Sep 15 11:52:52 PDT 2016

> von John Crispin
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. September 2016 07:20

> if you need a strong leader to tell you what you can(not) do,
> then you are in the wrong place buddy.

I think the reason for asking the devs about their approval or at least
their opinion was just respect. In the absence of any other guideline and if
you are polite, you just ask, before doing anything.

> consider the core team as
> members of the community that have just been around for a long time and
> played a big role in some part of the project.

Thank you for this clear statement. Also thanks to Jow for his clear
statement.

Short summary:

- The wiki is community driven.
- The devs are equal members of the community.
- There is no special approval of the devs necessary for wiki content,
appearance, ...
- If the community (which the devs are part of) objects to some content,
appearance, whatever in the wiki, it can be discussed and possibly changed
to a better.

That is what the engaged people in the OpenWrt wiki were looking for: A
clear statement.

> the problem is
> that people tend to sit around, not get involved and use the "the
> leader gave no orders" excuse to legitimate their silence.

Well, at least there was the attempt to start a conversation. Can you
imagine how frustrating it can be to get no answer at all? No yes, no no, no
maybe?

Anyways, we have a direction now. The past is behind us, the future before
us.
It will be as good as the community can make it.

Thomas