[LEDE-DEV] Documentation for router support means the famous Table of Hardware

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Wed Sep 14 15:43:35 PDT 2016

On 09/14/2016 09:00 PM, Thomas Endt wrote:
> However, as you mentioned, the guy(s) at wikidevi are hard to catch. But
> since I didn't think it to the end, we should first make up our minds how
> the "joined forces" could look like and what we expect from it.
I'd rather avoid having only links as wikidevi did go offline for
weeks/months in the past and might just disappear overninght (like any
other wiki, for that matter), but cloning information on both and
keeping the cloned parts in sync is a good idea.

I also agree with the rest of the message.  Would be also cool to show
what network adapters are supported by LEDE and by what packages.

I think techinfodepot is going to be more cooperative with this plan
than wikidevi, although wikidevi is already queryable somehwhat so
extracting data would work.

For an expansion into the NAS area (an area where LEDE is still not
really that present atm), it might be considered to do a similar thing
with NAS Central, which seems to have a similar wiki about most NAS
hardware http://www.nas-central.org/wiki/Main_Page

But I also think that this isn't a top priority for now, the work needed
to get this working should be done later, when the wiki is more or less
in shape about documentation and tutorials.
Really I think documentation and tutorials are the top priority (as they
are in the worst shape overall), hardware database is decent as-is.

-Alberto