[LEDE-DEV] A Wiki for LEDE Documentation

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Wed Sep 14 15:10:50 PDT 2016

On 09/14/2016 10:31 PM, Thomas Endt wrote:
> I advise to setup a Dokuwiki, if no one else has good reasons
> against it. Please slow me down in case I'm going too fast.
Ok for me. As long as the theme is something modern and readable,
registered users/gardeners can rollboack edits, and there is a wysiwyg
editor, I'm ok with it. (Docuwiki has these features at least)
> Oh, what is really needed for this build: Discussion between the volunteers,
> either via mailing list, or via forum. I'd prefer the latter, since it's
> easier to access for the standard user than a mailing list.
Well, of course a forum is better, but it also carries much more work
than a wiki (I mean much more work to not just have a massive empty
space where any post echoes loudly like current OpenWRT forum, that does
not do any good).

I mean, hoping someone will answer people's questions is certainly good
and all, but to truly kick-start a forum (i.e. attract people into it)
you need some semi-official guys that camp there and (do their best to)
answer people's questions, and that might become a heavy burden fast.

I think we should avoid forums for now and should lay out the wiki's
plans in a wiki page and activate a plugin (there are at least a couple
for docuwiki) to make a "talk" page or "discussion" page like
Wikipedia's for wiki volunteer interactions.

-Albert