[LEDE-DEV] A Wiki for LEDE Documentation

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Wed Sep 14 02:34:36 PDT 2016

On 14/09/2016 00:27, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi Alberto,
>
> don't hold back yourself waiting for a response from "the LEDE devs" -
> those who care about a wiki will likely endorse whatever good solution
> is proposed and the rest either has no opinion or time to participate in
> the decision making processes :)
>
> Part of the reason that there is no wiki yet is the fact that there is a
> lack of manpower to start one, so any extra effort spent here is more
> than welcome!
>
> Please don't treat the general silence regarding the wiki topic as a
> sign of rejection - I think all people here would be more than happy to
> have a proper solution, it just needs someone taking the lead to get all
> required things organized.
>
> Cheers,
> Jo

Hi,

i agree with jow. what has been missing so far is the people willing to
dedicate part of their time into gardening the wiki. taking on the
maintainership of the wiki is not a small task but a rather large one
that will eat a lot of time and will continue to do so for months/years.
the risk that i see is that people are very excited and active at the
start but then after 3-6 months the excitement will fade out yet the
wiki will still require the day2day gardening. it would be a shame to
end up in such a situation.

at the end of the day its a community wiki and should be maintained by
the community. offloading the packages feed to the community. offloading
large parts of the lede workflow to community members also worked well
so i dont see why the wiki wont work if there are enough interested people.

if a team taking care of this can be setup then i would like to see them
decide which software/markup to use and we can install the wiki on the
infra, help maintain the infra part and endorse the wiki. would be
pretty awesome if we can pull that off.

	John