[LEDE-DEV] ubi-auto-create-ubiblock-device-for-rootfs and mtd-qcom-smem-rename-rootfs-ubi patches not working for me

J Mo jmomo at jmomo.net
Thu Sep 1 03:18:47 PDT 2016

On 09/01/2016 03:05 AM, Daniel Golle wrote:

>> >Should I bug these? Already known issues? Comments?
> The current approach to mount the rootfs is based on a naming
> convention. The mtd partition to be auto-attached has to be named
> 'ubi', the UBI volume used as rootfs has to be named 'rootfs'.
> Then things should work auto-magically for both, squashfs and ubifs.

Okay thanks. In that case, I need to look into why the
mtd-qcom-smem-rename-rootfs-ubi patch isn't working. I'll probably just
bug it and cc the author of the patch.

I temporarily put my DTS up here:

http://jmomo.net/files/qcom-ipq8064-tew827dru.dts

But if you just want to see what the smem partition layout looks like,
go here:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=330996#p330996