[LEDE-DEV] Request for help: Getting 3rd party libs/apps up to date

Daniel Engberg daniel.engberg.lists at pyret.net
Thu Oct 13 01:08:16 PDT 2016

To follow up in order to prevent duplicate work,

Michael Richardson has offered to update libpcap in the beginning of
November
Dirk Neukirchen has submitted a patch for libs/gettext-full 0.19.8.1
which has been accepted - http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/681336/
Karl Palsson and Dirk Feytons have expressed concerns updating the
current version Lua due to possible performance regressions and code
(language) incompatibilities. Suggested upgrade path is to create a
separate package and go from there, pretty much like python 2 vs 3.

Many thanks for the response and commitment to this request.

Best regards,
Daniel