[LEDE-DEV] PROVIDES dependency issue

Karl Palsson karlp at tweak.net.au
Wed Oct 5 09:38:23 PDT 2016

I recently started maintaining a "future" version of a package,
as a way of having a preview version available. [1] I added
"PROVIDES:= libmosquitto" to the library version of
libmosquitto-next, and I have a application package that then
simply DEPENDS: = libmosquitto.

This works for most applications, but one always fails with
```
Package blah is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
libmosquitto.so.1
```

If I manually run ```make package/mosquitto-next/{clean,compile}``` I can then rerun the build and it will finish just fine.  It seems like the package that fails is alphabetically before "m"?

Is this a known current limitation of PROVIDES? or is it a bug
that should be working?

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson

[1] mosquitto-next and mosquitto