[LEDE-DEV] Default kernel config and CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_*

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 14:01:20 PDT 2016

Hi, I noticed we have few triggers enabled by default:
$ grep "CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_.*=y" ./target/linux/generic/config-4.4
CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_DEFAULT_ON=y
CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_NETDEV=y
CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_TIMER=y

At the same time we have packages for them:
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ledtrig-default-on is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ledtrig-netdev is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ledtrig-timer is not set

Some targets even use these
egrep -R "kmod-ledtrig-(default-on|netdev|timer)" target/linux/*

I believe it leads to some duplication. Can we clean it up somehow?

Shall we assume every devices has some LED? Should we always include
these 3 basic triggers (I believe our scripts use them). What about
dropping these packages then?

--
Rafał