[LEDE-DEV] replacing files in base system from a package?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 23:28:31 PST 2016

On 28 November 2016 at 09:33, Zefir Kurtisi <zefir.kurtisi at neratec.com> wrote:
> We had the approach you describe for a long time (company-basefiles adding to and
> overwriting files in base-files package), but this does not work any more. With
> recent build-system changes you can't have the same rootfs file in two different
> packages (build step fails). Which is good and sane - otherwise you run into
> inconsistencies when base-files is installed after company-basefiles.

On the other hand build system still allows overwriting files using
<buildroot dir>/files/
which allows you to e.g. overwrite banner.

So you still may end up with base-files installed and /etc/banner
being different. If you re-install that package, e.g.
opkg install base-files*.ipk
you'll get banner changed to package's version.

Shall we detect conflicting files in <buildroot dir>/files/ as well?
It makes sense just like previous change did but I'm still missing
some solution for overwriting files without forking LEDE.

--
Rafał