[LEDE-DEV] enhanced 3G support

Giuseppe Lippolis giu.lippolis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 22:55:02 PST 2016

Hi Bjørn,

> No, no, the cdc_ether driver is definitely the correct one.  NCM or MBIM
> won't work unless you can make the device morph into another mode. But
> since you know how to manage it in cdc_ether mode, and that is the native
> mode, I see no reason to mess with it.

You are right. The only working driver (at least in the default status) for the 2 data interface is the cdc_ether.

> I don't think it is relevant for you, though.  You should continue your initial
> idea, creating a "proto" supporting the AT managed cdc_ether based
> modem.

The actual wwan script with the simple modification of the 2001-7d04 data file from the (2001-7d03) call the 3g.sh script.
But this script establish the connection using the ppp over the ttyUSB and do not use the cdc_ether.
So I'm going to update the wwan script to support the cdc_ether.

As soon as (I'm a LEDE hobbyist, I cannot work full time) I have some results I will ask you for some advice.

Thanks,
Bye.