[LEDE-DEV] Apology; Communication

Daniel Dickinson lede at cshore.thecshore.com
Thu Nov 24 16:26:14 PST 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:44:44 -0500
Daniel Dickinson <lede-daniel at cshore.thecshore.com> wrote:

> I want to apologize for my last email.  I have been in a rather
> negative state of mind lately due to medical issues, in addition to
> struggling to keep from being excessively annoying at other times.
>
> In any event, the perception of lack of transparency and such, has
> more to due with lack of regular communication from the core team
> with the community than anything else.

To be clear, I think what I mean by lack of communication is that the
community doesn't see:

1) The planned technical directions for the project, including
	a) Currently prioritized issues and plans to resolve them
	b) Currently prioritized development tasks and the planned
	technical directions
	c) How the community can help with a + b

2) What the core team would like to see the community help with outside
a + b, for things that are wanted or 'nice to have' but not currently
on the roadmap, or far down the roadmap.

3) Links to blogs or what have you of core developers to get insight
into who they are and how they think, even if they are not the most
active or wordy blogs.

4) A sense of core <-> community interaction aside from minimalist
patch interaction for those not on IRC.  (IRC only captures a very
small number of LEDE/OpenWrt users).

5) Documentation of and pointers to expected code style, some basic
guidelines on what testing is desired for which type of patches (for
those of us on periphery it's easy to forget things), and so on.

There are some exception to that rule in the core team, but for the
most part the core team is a silent mystery.

Regards,

Daniel