[LEDE-DEV] QCA Dakota support

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:58:59 PST 2016

Hello Christian,

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:54:44 PM CET Christian Mehlis wrote:
> I updated to your current staging branch 947e53a1 (which includes the
> musl update). Now compile stops in a problem with the backports package,
> which does not match the "new" kernel?!
>
> /home/c/source/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_musl-1.1.16_eabi/linux-ipq40xx/compat-wireless-2016-10-08/backport-include/linux/cred.h:7:44:
> error: 'struct nsproxy' has no member named 'user_ns'
>   #define current_user_ns() (current->nsproxy->user_ns)
Ah, the quick fix is to "Enable kernel namespaces" and
"User namespaces" in the Global build setting of LEDE's
config. Just check that the following options are present in
the .config file:

CONFIG_KERNEL_NAMESPACES=y
CONFIG_KERNEL_USER_NS=y

This error is caused by the #ifdef in the compat code. As of
commit "cred/userns: define current_user_ns() as a function" [0]
the current_user_ns is no longer a macro in the !CONFIG_USER_NS
case, so the code tries to define it (but this is not needed as
there's a static inline function for it).

Anyway, I put a crude ifdef guard around it for now. Let's see
what else breaks.
> We are getting closer:) I hope to add the Compex WPJ428 and the AVM
> Fritz!Box 4040 support after the basics are working!
>
> Did someone on the list requested the gpl sources for the Fritz!Box 4040
> so far?
Not that I know, but if you are going on a buying spree, you could
also look into the Zyxel NBG6617 (has no public sources either).
Netgear has published sources for their RBR50 / RBS50 (Orbi) right
here[1].

Regards,
Christian

[0] <https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/3/15/360>