[LEDE-DEV] can I have some feedback about a wrapper to call initscripts

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Tue Nov 22 14:06:49 PST 2016

Hi,

Am Tue, 22 Nov 2016 10:12:53 -0000
schrieb Karl Palsson <karlp at tweak.net.au>:

> [..]
> The life of the "service <xxxx> start|stop|status" really wasn't
> very long.

I just looked up the changelog of sysvinit-utils in Debian: this wrapper was
introduced in 2009. Seven years is not that bad, I guess.
Anyway: the wrapper is still alive and usefule. On Debian it supports the
main init systems: sysv, upstart and systemd.

Personally, I would appreciate a comparable script/alias/function within
openwrt/LEDE.

Cheers,
Lars