[LEDE-DEV] can I have some feedback about a wrapper to call initscripts

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Tue Nov 22 00:51:47 PST 2016

Hi Alberto,

personally I like the service wrapper since it alligns the service
handling with Debian and older CentOS / Redhat distros.

In its current form though, the script is not providing enough
functionality to justify its existence since the same effect can be
achieved through an alias in /etc/profile.

If we really go this route, the service wrapper should implement all
(most) functionality described by https://linux.die.net/man/8/service,
possibly emulating --status-all by using ubus runtime information.

Before you invest any work into this I'd await feedback from John and
Mathias though as they do seem to be opposed to the entire idea...

Regards,
Jo